Monday, May 10, 2010

Anthropologie stands for Addition

One sign shows that you are an Anthropologie addict is when you go to a friend's son's birthday party, someone comment on how you look like an anthropologie model. I know she meant it in a good way, but I became self-conscious and immediately started denying and looking for excuse for the obvious that I couldn't deny. Everyone in that room dress up a little bit I noticed. Most of our friends don't wear make-up on a daily basis, but almost all of them did that day. Maybe because we knew the host's college friends was also invited so we want to leave a good impression to strangers. Turn out none of the college folks turn out and only the high school ones showed up and everyone knows each other very well. Anyway, still I was uncomfortable to receive an overstated compliment. I felt guilty. A good mother won't paid too much attention to fashion, right? Especially when you had a special need child. Yet, life present so little happiness at times and I needed some indulgence to keep my spirit up, however short lived that might be.

I was wearing the Obscured Oleander Cardigan that day. That is probably what gave it away.... My addiction that I thought I had hidden so well for so long.




I must confess I am a sucker for cloth that has a 3 dimensional texture to it, whether it is a pillow or a sweater, or a shower curtain. Anthropologie happens to have a lot of items like that. This sweater I couldn't wait for it to go on sale, fearing the risking of it being sold out of my size. I felt it will get enough wear so that I could justify the full price. Then again, there is no such thing that I absolutely have to have it. I had a feeling I would be forever in this internal debate till I past my mid-life crisis when I am no longer interested in buying any cloth...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...