Sunday, April 17, 2011

Packing list

Spring break is here and we are visiting grandparents.   Other than the busy security line at the airport, one thing I hated most is packing.  With two kids and one elopes whenever you are not watching, I need things light.  On the other hands, with kids, you end up always want to be prepared.  That means you have to shrink what your belongings to make rooms for what the kids might need. In a vacation, there will always be picture opportunity so I don't want to look too sloppy. According to the weather forecast, it is going to be raining on and off.  Not the nicest weather I would have hoped for.

Here is the list of things I am bringing.  I think I can interchange most items for an different outfit.  Not in the Polyvore is a graphic tee shirt.  Most likely I won't be wearing the skirt even though I wanted to.  The two key items are the overside tote where I can fit as much junk as possible.  The Trench is a bit of a splurge but with a hood and the inner warm liners, it can be quite versatile for the harsh weather.

I originally wanted  to bring the boots, but decided not to as it is not as easy to slip on as the booties and I don't have the room in my luggage.  With any travel, you always want to have the right shoes to walk on.





With the large tote, I was able to fit the following in:

wallet and keys,
iphone,
Sunglasses
ER-6 headphone
Tea water bottle with Organic Chamomile tea and gochi berry
My daughter's security blanket... (She is 5 and still quite attach to it)
A bunch of chargers.
ipad



So what is/are the item/items you always bring a trip?

If you do a lot of business travel, there is an interesting tip at nordstrom.  I think it is fairly useful even for casual travel like mine. 

4 comments:

  1. I definitely love using polyvore as a packing planner- so helpful to foresee different options.

    I think you've got a nice mix of basics and pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Nordstrom trip planner. Thanks for posting that. I always have such a hard time packing. I like to have a lot of options, which means my suitcase is usually overflowing and half of the stuff I pack never gets worn. I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of packing too, and i'm sure that with kids, i'd find it even more difficult to pack! I think you've chosen a good selection of items that allow for maximum wear at minimal suitcase space.
    When i go travelling, i always bring sunscreen, a cardi and leggings. They are the essentials for me! Oh and a hat...how could i forget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I am still new on this polyvore thing, but it seem to be a very useful tool. My only problem is that I cannot always find the image I own.
    Kristin: It is hard to make that right balance, isn't it? I am glad the little pointer from Nordy can help.
    Jen: You are a diligent girl with sun protection. I love hats but never wore them somehow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...