Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Day of Kintergarten

Today is the first day of Kindergarten for my daughter.  Parents are asked to stayed so they can explore the school campus together.  I don't think my daughter is as exited to start school  as I thought she would be. Maybe it is just too early and she was half awake after I drag her out of bed.

Somehow I felt more pressure dressing for those occasions than dressing for work.  I guess whenever you had to meet a lot of new people, you want to dress appropriately so you won't leave the wrong impression.  Considering I might have to bend down, jump up, run or do some strange thing, dress, skirt and heels are out.  I guess with an autistic son who has the skill of escape like Houdini, you can never be too paranoid. Now even with my daughter, that paranoia kind of stayed.

First Day of Kintergarten


It is interesting during recess time, one of the parent ask me if I had been in this school before because I seem to know a lot of what is going on.  It is a parent participation school so there is a lot involve.  I told her I am a new parent and I am just as clueless as all the other new parents.  But I guess I look confident enough to pass on a false impression, haha :-)

4 comments:

  1. First day of school eh! I was very nervous when I first started..I didn't know what was going on. glad you got to stay and see the school environment. I'm sure she'll get more excited when she makes all these new friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, friend will make the world of difference. I actual asked some parents for their phone number for future play date. Hopefully that way they can ease into the classroom faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son just started kindergarten so I can totally relate with you. I think it's great that you chose a parent participation. I can tell your a dedicated mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sayaka: Hey, good to have you stopping by. To be honest, I am a bit overwhelmed by all the trainings and meetings in the beginning, but I think the school is informative and supportive enough. Once we get over the initial shock, we'd be OK.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...