Tuesday, August 9, 2011

How do you wear pattern?

This month's topic at Everybody Everywhere is pattern mix.  I really love the topic.

Pattern Mixing | Everybody, Everywear

 I used to find pattern mix risky because sometimes it leads to disaster. I was too afraid that the pattern will clash like perfumes.  Over the years I had become more comfortable.  Here is what I have find worked for me when wearing print
  • Mix in some texture with busy prints


  • Mix inconspicuous print such as small dots with bigger, stronger, busier patterns.



  • Mix bold print with simple graphics



  • Break up the lines of stripe with other more complicated geometry shapes or busy small prints to create texture


  • Polka dots adds more texture than a plain color sweater

  • Tone down the busy print with a solid sweater

  • Patterned accessory dress up a otherwise plain outfit


  • Don't be afraid to experiment
Do you have any additional tips?

4 comments:

  1. Great tips. I've only just started to play with prints. I like to mix prints in similar colours. Like you, I've been afraid that mixing prints may lead to disasters. I'm getting over this fear and slowly incorporating more prints into my outfits..stay tuned :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen. All girls like to play dress up game in one form or another, adult or children alike :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all really great tips. I don't pattern mix that often but I really should try to do it more often. I especially like the print with the simple graphic look you've done :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...