Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Got Milk?

Have this happen to you? Rubbing your eyes after cutting hot pepper?

 My allergy flared up in the late evening and that is many hours after evening meal. God knows how many times I had washed my hands after the meal preparation. Yet, my eye lid went on fire. I try to wash it, putting eye cream on, closing my eye and hoping the pain will go away. Nothing works. Finally I begged hubby go look up the internet for some remedy.

 A few minute later, he came back with a wet paper towel. He dab it on my eye lid, like magic, the pain went away instantly. What created that miracle?

 Milk.

 Ah, not only does it strengthen our bones, but also it reliefs burns, sunburn and pepper burn alike. It is also known to help with cold sores. I seem to recall seeing it on TV that someone drink milk to neutralize poisons.

Love it!

Do you know any effective homeopathic remedy that works well?


 **************

I really liked it this look when browsing the photographs on Sartorialist.   Here is my take

3 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! That skirt is so pretty.

    I've heard of drinking milk after eating something super hot/spicy, but I didn't know it could be applied topically. That's good info to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin: haha, hopefully you'll never got into the situation that I was in. It was quite painful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've "burned" mself with chili peppers way too often - I totally didn't know about the milk, thanks to your hubby for the info!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...