Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dots and Bows

I ordered two cotton dresses a few month ago from HauteLook.  It took so long I couldn't even remember how they look like.  Months later, they canceled one of the dress, which I remember vaguely is pink and ballet theme.   To show their apologies, HauteLook gave extra $20 credit back, which essentially made this dress $17.  With that, I am not complaining :-)  and I am glad it fits.  This dress had a somewhat retro vibe to it.  One of my co-worker joke about he felt like I should be singing on the top of the mountain like Maria from Sound of the music.


Do you buy from flash sale sites?  Most of the time I just watch mainly because I am not familiar with the brand.  Sizing can be completely off.  One time I bought a size 8 for my 7 year old son  and it is so small, it barely fit my 5 year old daughter.   Shipping is another major reason.  I wonder with Nordstrom offering free shipping and return, Hautelook will too.  After all, Nordstrom now owns Hautelook.  Other flash sale sites such as Gilt lower its cost to $5.95 flat shipping and Ruelala offers 30 day shipping after paying $9.95 once, I think Hautelook will too have to do something on the shipping end in order to compete.  


2 comments:

  1. I haven't bought anything from those flash sale sites, but I have joined up to Ruelala.
    Cute polka dot dress! That's how I like to wear my black and white polka dots too - with a red cardi on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just seem to be the logical color to match the doted dress, isn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...