I had ordered the Pinafore Pulloever as a gift for myself for taking care of two kids by myself while hubby is in China for the whole week. This is sweater is so sweet and romantic looking. I really love how it looks in the catalog.
Before I got my order, Cat from Anthrosdottir did a review on this sweater and I thought "oh, no". And She is right on with the sweater. Here is the result. Front is pretty sweet although the sleeve is a bit long. For reference, I am wearing a S.
Here comes the problem. I think this just invites question like "when is the due day...."
I am not sure sizing down would make this problem go away. On line has sold out on this sweater, but I am sure there will be pop-backs. At least mine will go back.
This is what I wore that same day with the same side profile.
This outfit is more than 10 years old and I still love it. I had gotten the sweater the skirt as well as the boots when I visited Hong Kong. Hong Kong is really a shopping heaven. This outfit and a pair of wool tight are among of the favorites I have. Some how the color is very off in the picture, the sweater supposed to be grey and skirt and boots are supposed to be deep purple. I had wear this in response to Cindi's purple request and in recognition of Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month after reading Cindi's post. I guess I'll have to come up with something more purple than this.




Haha when are you due??? You're too silly! That sweater is such a disappointment. It reminds me of something sold at Nordstrom's BP section. It just isn't normal Anthro fashion. Maybe you can return it and get something else??
ReplyDeletewow, that sweater is def problematic. Too bad! But Cindi is right, now you can find something else you like better!
ReplyDeleteLorispeak
Oh, yes, with anthro, finding another thing that I like is not hard, not hard at all...
ReplyDeleteAck! There is nothing right about that side profile. Too bad because the sweater has some pretty details! Your outfit looks so cozy, and I agree! Hong Kong is a shopper's paradise!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting pictures. :) I intend to reverse-engineer the design and knit it for myself.
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented. I am in awe to anyone who can sew or knit. You can probably improve upon this sweater if you were to knit it for yourself.
ReplyDelete