Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Anthropologie Fantastic Field Skirt Review

I had a bunch of returns so I ran by the store over the weekend. I couldn't help browsing through it is supposed to be a quick return trip.  To my surprise, there wasn't many items I wanted to try and the Fantastic Field skirt with its stricking bold print of red flowers grab my attention.

First thing notice is that the size runs small.  I got the size 4 at first.  I was able to zip up  but the back of it wouldn't lay flat so I have to get a 6.  I think I read somewhere Moulinette Soeurs usually runs small.  The fabric is pique. It is thick and a little bit stiff, almost a canvas like feel. I am not sure if it would wrinkle after a day's wear.  It also claim to be machine washable, although I am sure it would need ironing after the wash.
It sits high, right on the natural waist. I wouldn't size up more because the skirt would pass my knee if I wear it on my hip (I am 5'4" for your reference).  The shape and length is flattering. The bold print is a good tummy minimizer because it distracts your attention from the bumps. I really love the print on this skirt.  The color is as vibrant as the website. However if you are picky you might want to go to store and pick out your favorite flower arrangement as the flower position seems to vary skirt by skirt.


There are two things about this skirt bothers me.  One is that the side print doesn't conect up so it has the disconnected feeling.  The other thing is on the waist part of the skirt, the "butterfly-pleat" of the skirt Anthro's webpage refereing to,  forms a triangle with the black waistband. It is not obvious in the picture because the picture quality of iphone is poor on the low light of anthro fitting room and my top is dark.  However, you will see it against a lighter color top.  If you wear a shirt over the skirt, the pleate would bulk the waist a little bit.  If you wear the skirt over the lighter top, the black waistband will standout, which has a unfinished feeling. Not really a deal breaker, but I would like more details to be taken care of with a $88 skirt.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Inkmark. The shape of the skirt is really flattering, but I think the print of this skirt is just a little too loud for my liking. The skirt i have my eye on now is the Dots after Six Skirt :-) I can't wait to see blogger reviews on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review. I like the colors but I'm not so much a fan of the shape.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...