Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Luxe Lust

Do you like to look at expensive stuff even you know perfectly you cannot afford it?  Notherless, they are good to look at.  Actually as the moment I am browsing them, Hubby asked suspiciously that "You are not going to buy another trench are you?"

Did I mention I had a thing for polka dots?

This trench will be so great for spring.  Too bad it comes with a $1500 price tag.  Unless I have gone mad, there is no way I'd spend that much.  Actually I constantly wonder, other than the millionaires and princess of Arabian,  how many people really spend $1500 on a piece of clothing?  Hubby said it is a matter of perspective.  If we truly appreciate the cloth the way we appreciate a big TV or a piano, or feel it is necessary like the TV or a piano (neither of which is a necessity b.t.w, it just feels that way)  then we might save up to get one, but we don't.  I guess he's got a point.

Marc Jacobs at ShopStyle


I really love the way this Kate Spade Trench flares out. The bow in the back is a lovely addition.


Kate Spade at ShopStyle

Somehow the white and gold combination is super gorgeous.

Kate Spade at ShopStyle
This jewelry itself is probably be too over the top in real life, but I really love how this pair with the white blouse on the model.  It has a almost roman gothic look.



Back to reality, this is my OOTD. Now I look at the picture, I think this sweater makes me look fat.  Oh, well...



Top: Anthropologie flannel shirt (don't remember the name)
Sweater: Anthropologie Solstice Festival Cardigan
Skirt: JCREW chord pencil skirt in shadow
Boots: J-41

4 comments:

  1. Inkmark, I LOVE LOVE LOVE polka dots too! And trench coats i might add :-) I love Kate Spade clothing and shoes, but they are so very expensive and very unaffordable. Still, one can only dream.
    I dont think the sweater makes you look fat at all - don't be silly :-) Pairing it with a sleek skirt creates the perfect balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only thing I've ever spent on that's over 1000 is a watch on myself. Otherwise...nothing. Even with the watch, now that I think abbout it, I was stupid! Happy New Year! You look great in your red sweater! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girrrr! pssssh! you don't look fat at all. you're a tiny little thing. In fact, I think you look adorable in that sweater. i love how it's so unique and vintage-y looking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintageglammz: I knew you love polka dot too and I love your polka dot dress, wish they had that same store here in the US.

    Cindi: Happy Chinese new year to you too! Will you be cooking up a big feast tomorrow for the new year's eve?

    Lisa: Laugh... I just couldn't help it. It is hard to make peace with my own body sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...