Friday, February 4, 2011

Chinese New Year performance

My daughter's school had a Chinese New Year performance today.  She attends a bilingual school and her Chinese is much better than English at this age. She told me the teacher said they need to have their hair in Chinese bun. So this is how she look leaving the house today.



The pre-school's main hall is decorated with the Chinese new year craft kids make.  My daughter's class made paper plate bunny for the year of Rabbit.



The artistic part of the performance is very questionable, but my daughter try to sing as loud as she can  :-)   It almost sounded like she is yelling.  




After the performance they each get rewarded with a self-made red pocket filled with gold coin chocolate.  She was generous enough to share it with us.


One thing I am proud to say is that although both of us are working, we rarely miss any of school event.  It is one of the flexibility of working in the engineering field. You make up what you need to do at night.  I am also proud of Hubby for attending all those events because I knew there are a lot of men don't attend those events even though they have that flexibility.  They felt their wife had already represent them and therefore unnecessary for both to be there.  I felt it is very important for men to witness the little steps their kids, not only for the kids, but also for themselves too.  



4 comments:

  1. Your daughter is sooooo cute. And she looks adorable in her in her chinese bun. I'm glad your hubby attended the performance. If my DH chooses not to attend our kids' performances, he'll be in the dog house ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love the chinese hairstyle on her! Looks like she really enjoyed doing the performance. Do you speak cantonese or mandarin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's wonderful your husband attends your children's events. Your kids will always remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa: That is too funny, you train your husband well :-)
    Vintageglammz: I speak Mandarin.
    Spiffy: I always felt it is more for us the adult than for the children. Kids will grow up with or without us watching. We will be the one regretting later for missing experience something so lively and fun.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...