This designer for less concept is not new. Macy's sibling Target is the master of it. However I had never quite like the clothing line Target has to offer. I don't usually shop at Macys as I get overwhelmed by the selections. I bought some princess or Dora or Hello Kitty stuff for my daughter there once a while or Clinique face lotion when there is a Bonus time. That is probably the extend I shop there. My mom however is a big fan and she often stack her coupons and find super good deals. Inspire by her, I bought some cashmere crewneck during Christmas last year and only had to return them because they fit like a grand mother's sweater.
Will this line of Macy be the same disappointment? One thing I have noticed is that most material are non-organic. On the plus side they are machine washable.

As always I am tempted by yet another dress. Left side of both pictures are my favorites. I wish there were in-person reviews like the Anthropologie ones available somewhere. As we all know the way a gorgeous model wear something does not always equal to real life success.
Do you shop at Macy's? Any favorite department that works? Will you be checking out this new line?

Hi Inkmark! I had the pleasure of visiting MAcys on my last trip to NY. It was an incredible experience, even though i only bought a pair of sunnies (we ran out of time)! I couldn't believe they had one whole floor dedicated to just dresses. Amazing!
ReplyDeletei don't shop at macy's either.. it feels too overwhelming.. and the clothes usually aren't organized very well.. and well just like you said the clothes seem kind of matronly.. i usually just shop at nordstrom's or zara's haha. but this stuff does look kinda cute.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about Macy's - too overwhelming and I never know where to start! This new line is intriguing though. I really like the Ruffled Swiss Dot Blouse.
ReplyDeleteI like 2 dresses on the right too. so lovely.
ReplyDeleteI am curious enough to give it a try with the precedence's day free shipping. I'll let you guys know how they turn out.
ReplyDelete