I didn't expect to like Ackee Pencil skirt, even after seeing so many good reviews from other bloggers. I am not much of a pencil skirt type of person to begin with. I try it on just want to see what the fuss is about and it grew on me. I even didn't mind the high waist as I thought I would be.
Styling it is a different story. I didn't want to wore my shirt over the waist as I normally do because I felt the skirt is meant to be a high waisted skirt. but then I wasn't sure which top to go with it either. I don't have much curve and somewhat thick middled, so wearing this is somewhat challenging.
So the skirt sits in the closet, till July catalog came along featuring this outfit
I thought I could totally replicate the look with the things I have and I'll do just that.
(top: JCREW Perfect shirt in suckered mini-gingham, Bottom: Anthropologie Ackee Pencil Skirt, Belt: Rippled Ribbon Belt)
The outfit doesn't feel very me, however I like try different things anyway. So what do you think?


I think it looks great on you! Great styling...love the belt! I have the Ackee and love it...the color is so fun and vibrant!
ReplyDeleteI love this new look on you Inkmark. Very effortless. The addition of the bow belt makes it cute with a touch of fun.
ReplyDeleteJenni: Thanks. I'd love to see how you style this skirt.
ReplyDeleteJen: I felt strange without the belt over it because I am not use to tug any shirt under a skirt.