Monday, July 11, 2011

We build the city

Hope everyone had a refreshing monday!  Weekend surely pass by quickly.

My daughter was at camp Galileo last week.  The theme is "Lost in forbidden city".  They gave a presentation on Friday afternoon, showing various craft they made.  Her age level built Chinese Pagodas and a building like thing(not sure what it was, but it looks like a parking garage to me :) They also make kite and mold a small cup.   My daughter end up building one level extra for everything they asked her to build.  Go above and beyond, that is the right spirit! One of the project for older kid did is to use recycle material to build a King's play ground. I thought it was kind of fun.  Even though the camp had it for older age kid, I thought it is totally doable for 5 year old too.

So here is what we end up making over the Saturday morning. We have a swing, a slide, a monkey bar and a place to crawl.



It was fun. My daughter probably had more fun playing with it than her real playground toys.



I am actually surprised how difficult it is for children this age to understand 3 dimension.  She really thinks 2 dimension of everything. I ask her how many poles she will need to make her monkey bar and she said two.  So I told her to look at the table as a model and that helped.

I also received my on line order from anthro Friday too.  I ended up returning most of them due to sizing issues.  Boy, I gained weight....  The only thing I kept was the Fiery Crossback Tank. The color of this top is very vibrant. Material is soft and comfortable.  The back is the best part but it is also the most troublesome because you'll need the right bra. So I just cover it up with the cardigan.


I got an Anthro's birthday discount too, however, I don't have anything I desperately wanted at the moment.  I wish my birthday is in the winter.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! Your daughter is very imaginative. She's built quite a playground!
    Sorry that you had to return some of your items. Can you use your discount in another month or does it have to be your birthday month?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the playground- I love seeing what kids will build with some scraps of cardboard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen: I think birthday discount only works for the birthday month. I am planning on visiting some of the other anthropologie in San Francisco. Hopefully they will have more interesting selection than our local ones.

    Sarah: me too! I think it is more fun for them too. it is like tasting your own food.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...