I cannot believe my last dry cleaning bill adds up to $30+. Our company has a dry cleaning vendor where we can drop off the dry cleaning item at the break room and they will pick it up and drop it off. After the items are missing from the drop off rack 1 week from their due back day, I called them up and was told they couldn't recognized my last name and so my items are in the pile of unknowns. Couldn't they at least call and ask? After all, the phone number is on the form too. Then the shirts are finally back, averaging $10/tank. So what adds up to the bill? The embellishments. According to the dry cleaner, even though my items are marked as heavily soil, stain all over and stain not removed, they are not the reason for price mark up. So my original attempt to dispute for the price failed. I was going to tell them "soil and stain all over" are not an accurate description for something i wore only twice in an air conditioned work place. So what I love the most in the cloth is what is killing me now. While I am still a big sucker for embellishments, I will think more than twice if a item is dry cleaning only and have embellishment next time. Now the question I will ask, what do I do with those existing ones needed dry clean. I'm very tempted at this point just to hand wash them.
Here is another OOTD, same cardi. I think I am ready to do another round of the 21 for 21. But on the second thought, maybe I'll wait till I get back from Seattle. Probably would need some layering piece as I am not sure how the weather is there comparing to bay area, especially if we were to go to Mt Rainier.
Tank: Anthropologie, but don't know the name
Skirt: JCREW Nicki skirt.
Cardigan: Anthro Obscured Oleander Cardigan
Shoes: John and David wooden platform sandal from 12 years ago. Men, these shoes are noisy! The bottoms are a complete piece of wood and it makes this "Clunk Clunk" noise on hard floor. And it grins a little bit that I have to put bandade on it (yes, on the inside of the shoes... :-) )

Dry cleaning costs are such bullcrap right? I hate it. I need to love something a lot to buy it dry clean and sometimes even if it says dry clean sometimes, I still just wash it in the gentle cycle and then hang dry. Seems to work a lot of the time. The pieces I do love, I send it off...but typically I get the 7-pieces for $34 special at my local cleaner.
ReplyDelete7 piece of anything? that is a very good deal. Maybe I should look around and compare prices.
ReplyDelete