I forgot to close the patio door in the morning yesterday, so by the time I got home, it was pretty hot. Usually we take the kids to the pool in hot days like this, but during lunch, I over heard the girl next table mentioning yesterday was the "festival of the ghost" as the "kind of the death" give a break to all his servants who normally guarding the dead spirit. Basically there will be a lot of dead spirit turn loose on the street during this time of the year, so it is better to stay home. Well, while it is totally a Chinese superstition and I honestly can't say I believe that, but the conversation creeps me out. Even I know it is totally ridiculous to feel this way, I cannot feel easy taking the kids to YMCA last night. So we end up staying home and turn on the water hopscotch toy that we rarely use. At first the kids are pretty cautious as the water is very cold. But after a while, they got used to it and had quite some fun.
Here is the outfit for hot weather. Somehow an extra hot day like this always make me want to wear bright color. But that was a bit too bright for the gloomy boring work environment so I end up toning it down with a navy sweater. After all, inside is AC and bringing another layer for someone who is always cold cannot be bad.


No comments:
Post a Comment