After missing out on the Klinton Trench, I thought Frill Force Jacket is my second chance when it show up on the website. I got the chance to try it out at the Seattle downtown store.
First of all, the color of this jacket is a bit drab. It doesn't agree with my asian skin tone too well. The color on my screen was a bit more brown, which is more to my liking.
Then comes the issue of fitting. I tried size 4, considering I might want to give some layer underneath in the winter. It is unstructured, nor does it flare out much, which is what I needed for my straight figure. The length is hitting at a odd spot for me too. I'd like it to be slightly shorter, so I think the petite version might help a bit in this case. I also felt like there should be another roll of buttons somehow, but it could be just the angle my daughter took the shot from. The sleeves are a bit long for me and might get fix by going with a petite size.
I do like the hood, which can be useful with the rain we have in the winter. It might be better if the hood is removable however. I also like the material, it is not as stiff and slippery like the Klinton Trench. It is pretty heavy weight for a jacket but lighter than a coat. It is the right warmth level for what I wanted. I am not too sure about the ruffles as I am a bit ruffle-out these days. This jacket in general feels more casual than the Klinton Trench.
Frill Force Jacket has some good potentials, but it is a pass for me. I might consider trying out the petite if it ever goes on sale.



I think you should definitely try the petite one. It looks great on Carole from In Pursuit of Pretty Things. Length makes a big difference for trench style coats. I think you're right though... this army green is not kind to asian skin tones :(
ReplyDeleteI'm liking that mistery jacket you post so I think i will give up trying to like this one.
ReplyDelete