Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In Search for the perfect red sweater.

There is a tag sale at Anthropologie.  Did you score anything?  I didn't because I was too late.  All the goodies are gone.  I was interested in the Glowing Leaf Skirt and the Cabled Pathways Pullover, but was not fast enough to grab one.

On the other hand, there is this little top called thick and thin Henley.  It is $39.99 + 25% off.  It doesn't look like much and it is probably pricy for a jersey top, but the fit is very flattering.  It make you look like 10 lb less and machine washable.  So if you like the easy breezy casual tops that is not fuzzy and still looks good.  This is a good one.  I highly recommend it.

In line with the whole Christmas spirit, I was looking for a perfect red sweater.  I mean red red, not orange red, or purplish red.  It turn out that it is harder than I thought. I originally lock my eye on the JCREW cashmere femme sweater in the color of Cerise. According to Wikipedia,Cerise (pronounced /səˈriːs/ or /səˈriːz/; French pronunciation: [səˈʁiz]) is a deep to vivid pinkish red.  However the item came in with an orange tone and is as radiant as the sun...


J.Crew at ShopStyle

I then went with the rusted barn Merino ruffled strata cardigan.  The fit of this cardigan was too long too be flattering for me.


One day when I was randomly browsing things on Ebay, the Casch visiting professor cardigan from Anthro's years ago caught my eyes.  It is  listed as new with tags.  It still expensive, but reasonable for a Casch sweater, especially it is new.   Recall the Best of Bunch Cardi?  It is still at a stiffed price of $228 after all these months despite of all the negative reviews with fitting issue.  The green version of this sweater on Ebay bid over $200 last month. Crazy isn't it?  But I think it also shows how the sweater is holding its value.   This time there is a buy it now option with a less than $200 price tag, I decide it to splurge on it with my year end bonus I recently received.  It turns out to be a deeper color and slightly have a pinkish tone to it.  A Cerise may I say? 


Boy this sweater is warm.   I was sweating in it with the 57 degree temperature. I need to learn how to button that highest button like the one in the picture...



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...