I really like Anthropologie's Fishman's companion Sweatercoat when it came out.
It is always tempting just to buy, but then I thought, hey, I can recreate this with the things I have.
So here is the result. It was a old banana republic sweater and a JCREW open cardigan that I gift to my mother a few years back during Christmas . She return it back to me after one wear because the openess of this cardigan is IMPRACTICAL for the harsh Chicago winter. It was slightly bigger for my usual size, so I haven't been wearing it since she gave the sweater back to me. Now it is just perfect because I can wear it comfortably over the other sweater. One extra bonus of this? It is so warm no coats are needed any more.
So what do you think? Does it look like the real thing? Well, I had fun :-)
Here is the complete outfit spec:
Dress: Southward Stop shirtdress
Sweaters: old BR and old JCREW Open Cardigan
Legging: Madewell Denim legging
Boots: UGG Australia Boots.
Belt: Anthropologie Triple Buckle Belt

Definitely a good stand-in for the Anthro version. And I really adore your styling with those cozy boots. Looks chic and comfy at the same time.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I'm general a boot person in the winter, but this pair of boots are my favorite winter boots because they are water resistant as well as lined for warmth. You would be seeing me wearing them a lot :-)
ReplyDelete