Monday, December 6, 2010

Is the economy really in a dump?

If the answer is yes, why some of those expensive things flying off the shelf in no time?  Like this sweater coat from Anthropologie,  I have not even make up my mind about whether I like it or not, it is already sold out! Part of me really love the details of the embroidery.  on the other hand, it feels too over the top that it is almost custom like.


Rag& Bone 'Northfield' Poncho with Genuine Shearling Lined Hood is another example. I was lusting over it when it came down to half price at $400 at Nordstrom's recent designer sales.  But even then it is too much for an not so practical item. I ask hubby for second opinion, he said, you would look like Robin Hood in it.


With the holiday season coming up, I guess everyone felt like splurging a little bit.  At least for me I felt I want to splurge on something, not just looking for deals.  On the other hand, it is hard to not be sway by the deals. I am torn between a good deal, a very SPECIAL piece, and something that can be use everyday.  I guess when all that 3 requirements come together, the intersection became null.

2 comments:

  1. ooh I love that poncho... but I also don't have that woman's legs...

    I suppose the people that are most hurting economically right now probably aren't shopping at Anthro or Nordstrom? Also, perhaps Anthro and Nordy took the economy into account and ordered fewer of each item?

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a point. I want to treat myself with something special for the holiday season. After getting computer mouse for the past occasions, I am not expecting much from my hubby :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...