Monday, October 18, 2010

Fake Vapu

Lori at Lori speak did a interesting outfit the other day by using what she has to recreate Anthro's Catelog outfit. You can see her creation (or recreation)  here. B.T.W, she has a Besty Johnson Givaway going on right now, be sure to check out.

It was very inspiring.  Anthro, among all the good things, is not exactly wallet friendly. Anyway, I thought I'd recreate the popular Vappu dress look with the things I have.

 Here is the original dress

 Didn't come out quite exactly, but hey, it is fun to experiment with it. What do you think?


Top: ann taylor loft white t-shirt, skirt: Jcrew Belt: Anthro snake bite belt Cardi:Anthro Roaming Frills Cardigan

5 comments:

  1. Love it! A recreation is so fun and economical! I have been trying to do this more and more and I scale back (try) spending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, try is the key word. I swear I am taking a break from the frills and ruffles, but then when i comes to Tuesday I am still tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this version better!! I was never a huge fan of the vappu dress, but there are a lot of good ideas in that little dress. Your look is soft and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat, you are too kind :-) I really need to remind myself what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I like it! Those colors really are spot on with the vappu and your version is much better for Fall!

    Lorispeak

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...