Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Glowing Leaf -- OOTD

Is that interesting that some company will give you MLK day off while the other ones do the President's day? I haven't heard any private company give both day off, however. I guess that is what the floating holiday is for.

Our nanny was able to help us out on MLK day so we sneak out for a few hours to watch a movie.  Believe me, after you have kids, it become a true luxury to watch movie in the theater especially if you don't have extended families in the area.  I wish I had chosen some other movie.  This movie is a bit serious and a bit heavy.  I admit it is a good movie,  granted that Jeff Bridge's performance impeccable, 
and Hailee Steinfeld as young Mattie Ross is so charming, but I don't like the movie,  much like the way that I don't like Hemingway's books.  I also felt the ending of the movie unnecessary.  Another problem?  The heavy accent in the dialogue, although adds the details a classic movie has,  is very difficult to understand for a non-native speaker like me. Overall, not my cup of tea.   I guess it is Oscar season, brainless movie usually come out in the summer.

I did however get to watch a really funny Indi movie call "Outsourced" on netflix this weekend and the title summarize the story plot fairly well.  It is very light hearted.  I wonder if someone from India would think it is funny. Unfortunately none of my Indian co-worker had watched it.




Top: JCREW cashmere sweater
Bottom: Anthropologie Glowing Leaf Skirt
Coat: JCREW stadium coat
Boots: UGG
Purse: Marc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q  baby  Groovee

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this skirt is so pretty! It looks great with the blue skirt and cashmere sweater. And where is your purse from, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look on you! All of the pieces work together so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Landry: The purse is the Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Baby Groove Satchel. It comes with many colors and sells very fast seems. I originally wanted a wine color but settle for the yellow when that color sold out, but now i like the yellow even more. The leather is butterly soft. Hope you get to have one. You will love it.

    Lyzi: thanks. This is a pretty skirt. I am glad I was able to find my size when it was on sale especially during the additional 25% off time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought "Outsourced" was hilarious as well --but I am curious to know whether anyone found it offensive.

    And you look great in the Glowing Leaf. The first day we have here over 45 degrees, I'll be pulling mine out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...