Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Anthro Sale Picks and Copy"Cat" OOTD

It is the Anthro Sale Wednsday.  Any one score anything?  Please do share it so I don't feel bad about my purchase because I can't resist with the returning free shipping promotion.

Here are my picks.

Wrapped Asters Cardi.

D'armee Dress - I am really curious about this dress.  I have seem many blogger posting their pictures with it.  Some picture come out a bit shinier than the picture on the website and they do not look as dark. Not sure whose camera is more accurate.   For those of try it on before, please chime in.  Is this dress shiny? Am I in for a disappointment?




Along with the new sale, I see the Peggy Sue dress pop back and decided to give it a try.

Here is an copy"Cat" outfit I submit to Kim from Anthroholic but forgot to post on my own blog.  Cat from Anthrostottir wore something with full gold skirt and stripe shirt at one point.  (For somer reason her old post are all gone) She wore hers with the shirt tucked in.   I  have trouble with wearing anything tucked in for some reason. Are you an in or out person?




Sweater: JCREW merino boatneck sweater
Bottom: Anthr field skirt
Necklace: Anthro Clockbot Necklace
Boots: UGG Australia

10 comments:

  1. Oh, the wrapped asters cardi is so pretty! I have never tried on the D'armee dress, so I'm no help there. I only picked up one thing today - the Precious Particulars Blouse. I can't wait to get it!

    Pretty outfit! I'm 50/50 when it comes to tucking in. I usually tuck in when wearing a skirt and out with pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that Wrapped Asters Cardi but it was sold out in my size online...hoping I come across one in store. I got the navy D'Armee and I think it is a little shiny in the body (the sleeves are a different material), but it looks nice. I hope you like the Peggy Sue Dress too, I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will bet you anything that the D'Armee dress will look wonderful on you!

    I'm weird about tucking in too sometimes. I'm also weird about belting because I feel that I have a short torso and it just feels weird. I do wear things tucked in when it's a fuller skirt because I don't have another way of making it look better! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! This is so flattering! I'm definitely an in person when it comes to skirts, all though I'm trying to be more "out"going :) I'm so cheesy. You look great, and I love your sale pick! I ordered the whispering vespers sweaters. I've never seen it but I can tell that I will either love it or hate it. Hope its love. Hate to throw another thing in my ever mounting return box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin: You are good at exercising self-constraint, but what a good piece to add to your wardrobe.It is very versatile, tie to bow or leave it untie, great for work or pair it down with jeans. You'll have fun play with it :-)

    LC: you got a pretty good sale haul there with the shoes. Those shoes are gorgeous!

    Cindi:You know what is strange? I don't think I can recall you in a skirt. Whenever I picture you in my mind, it has always been a dress.

    Cat: I love a lot of your outfit! Haha, I have the same problem with returning items. One time one of the SA walk by and saw the stacks of my returning piling up there and ask the SA who is working on my returns "Is there a problem?" You'd thought they had seen everything before. I can just dig a hole and bury myself there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately, i didn't get anything on sale at Anthro. I'm hanging out for the new stuff - d'oh!
    Love your Anthrosdottir-inspired outfit - Cat is an inspiration to all of us :-)
    Oh, and i like my shirts tucked in most of the time. I don't know...i just feel "neater" that way. Some people can pull off the tucked out look, but not me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have a hard time with the tuck. I think your outfit looks nice the way it is. Tucked in may look odd perhaps?

    Great job grabbing that cardi. I considered it but figured my wallet needed a break this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a tuck out gal. Laura from Anthro Closet Chaos did a great review on the D'armee Dress, you should check out her blog. i think it is semi shiny. the sleeves are not but the bod of the dress is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. vintageglammz: what is the item you are holding out for? I do the delay wants. I look at the stuff I am interested now and wait for sale and they almost always go to sale. Only problem is the size sold out fast :(

    Betty: It is an addiction for me even though my wallet has been screaming for a break :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa: I think Laura's picture is the one I saw that was super shiny. I thought it could be the lighting she took the picture with. Happy Birthday to your mom :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...