Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sakura

Today is hot.  88 degree when I step out of the office. Hard to believe it is not even April. The Japanese weeping flowering cherry we planted last spring was in full bloom right now.



I wish the weather will last through the weekend, but the forecast calls for rain. 

Have you ever read a love story where the two lovers were made for each other, but then one of them are too high class and the other is too poor so they couldn't be together? A happy ending usually ends with after many years, with the change of the era or after a war, they finally met again by chance, or by destiny.

This how I felt about this medallion dress.  It is like a long love affair.  I got this dress last spring but return it because it was too expensive even for the sale price.  However I do like the bright lime color and the fit was good.  In the winter when I was browsing the sales, I saw it mark down to $19.99.  I pick it up without any hesitation this time.  It was cold and so it just sits in the closet, till now.


Dress: Anthroplogie Medallion Dress
Cardigan: Anthropologie bloom lattice cardigan
Belt: Ann Taylor Loft
Shoes: Seychelles 'Amethyst' Peep Toe Pump

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress and sweater combo. I love it. and I'm jealous that your weeping cherry is already in bloom. I feel like ours will never get there this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress...and such a nice story, I'm glad you were able to get it on sale :)

    www.featherfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect ending for this dress and you! What a great score! You look so cute in it and I love that you paired it with the Blooming Lattice cardigan...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! I love it with the blooming lattice cardi! That is a great shot of your daughter with the cherry tree:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty: hang in there, it is April now. They will bloom in a blink.
    Featherfactor: It is always a thrill to score a 2nd/3rd cut:-)
    Jenni & Kristin: Blooming Lattice cardi is my favorite during spring summer time. I paid full price but I think it is very worth it because it works pretty much with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that is so great that you were finally able to get this dress. It was meant to be! Your daughter looks beautiful in this picture with the cherry tree. This will be a nice photo for her to have when she gets older. I wish my parents took pictures of me like this when I was young :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...