Tuesday, March 29, 2011

OOTD: Glowing Leaf

When I first try the Bianka blouse, I bought the size 2 in black motif on line.  The shoulder felt a bit wide and the sleeves felt troublesome because it is hard to layer a cardigan over it.  With the two reason, I didn't quite want to pay for full rice for it.  My mom loved the print and rarely she liked anything I buy for her, so I gave it to her as a Christmas gift.  When the sale time came, I tried on a size 0 and love the shape.  I was on the fence about sending it back because green is really not my color and I was really hoping to find the black motif again.  Of course the black motif is long gone and the solid color seem to be easier to work with than a print.   Here is the result. 

Top:Anthropologie Bianka blouse Bottom: Anthropologie glowing leaf skirt.

I am starting some form of shopping restraint.  Not sure about the detail yet.  I don't want to do a shopping ban because it doesn't work.  The rebound is just worse.  Living in Bay area, we suffer the limitation of closet space and new cloth no longer bring me pleasure but headache of organizing them.  What has been the method worked for you in the past to control shopping urge?

5 comments:

  1. I like this shirt on you. Especially with that beautiful skirt. Can't help on the shopping issue because I'm worse than ever even after vowing to slow down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute combo inkmark, the bianka in the green is a versatile piece and I'm sure you can pair it with a whole lot of other things. I don't have that much closet space either. To control the shopping urge, the one thing that works for me is to stop doing just that. Stop window watching, don't walk into any stores and limit online shopping. Also, ask your hubby to keep you on track..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green Bianka looks great with that skirt! It's a very pretty outfit:) Good luck with the shopping restraint! I have never tried this, but I've heard of other people making it a rule that when you add a new piece of clothing, you have to get rid of an older item. It seems like a good idea. Then you would really have to consider every purchase, knowing that if you bought it, you would have to donate/sell something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the green blouse, and its beautiful with this much-desired skirt!

    I try and avoid certain shopping temptations (like the EA board...that place can be dangerous...so many great finds you didn't know you 'needed') and the fact that my postman is watching me suspiciously now helps curb the shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty: If I find one that works, I'd be sure to let you know :-)
    vintageglammz : It is funny that if I go to the store, I tend to not buy for some reason. It is the online shopping that gets me. I think I always liked it more when it is on others.
    Kristin: That is a interesting idea. I should give that a try.
    Thatdamngreendress: LoL, and no I don't think the postman is suspicious. Self-conscience is probably the best defense against over spending:-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...