Today is March 8th, International women's day! I know it is not a day celebrated in US. It is a day for celebration of women and paying attribute to women's social and economical achievement.
I got this same humorous email from two friends this morning:
世界上有两件事最难:一是把自己的思想装进别人的脑袋里;二是把别人的钱装进自己
的口袋里。前者成功了叫老师,后者成功了叫老板,两者都成功了叫老婆。 “三八”节即将来临,温馨提示:家和万事兴,跟老师斗是不想学了,跟老板斗是不想混了,跟
老婆斗是不想活了。
Translation:
Two things in this world are the most difficult: a) putting idea into other's head b) putting others money in your own pocket. People who are successful in a are called a teacher. People are successful in b are called the boss. People are successful in both are called "wife". Friendly reminder in "3.8 International women's day": Peace makes the family flourish. Fight your teacher if you don't want to learn. Fight with your boss if you don't want your job any more. But only firght with your wife if you don't want to live.
Happy 3 - 8 women's day!
Here is an outfit debut the J CREW Floral tulle mini I got the other day. I wanted to spend the rewards card I got before it expires. This skirt was on sale at store but not online. I am normally 0/2 with JCREW, but they sold out. This last one I ripped off the display is a 4. Even the sales person really hesitated because he think it might be too big. But it worked.
The top thing on my wishlist for JCREW this spring is the Indigo pea jacket. I wish someone would do a review on this. And of course the liberty print the model wore with it is pretty cute too...Notice that her hair was tucked in the jacket? I read somewhere that is the IN thing now somehow.


Oh what a beautiful skirt! I really like how you put all those colors together to make such a soft outfit.
ReplyDeleteWhat a funny email:) So true!
ReplyDeleteI love the skirt! The color is so nice and it looks like the texture is great.
Haha happy women's day!!! You look mighty feminine for today. :) Thanks for sharing the email!
ReplyDeleteI read that chinese translation and chuckled! The best thing is that it is very true - i agree with it 100% :-)
ReplyDeleteI love that skirt you are wearing - the texture is great! I seem to have my hair tucked into jackets a lot...i'm sometimes too lazy to take my hair out.
Betty: Thanks. The color come out somewhat a surprise to me because I was going to return the top at one point but couldn't find the receipt. I am glad I didn't because it worked out well with the skirt.
ReplyDeleteKristin: I am a sucker for cloth that has textures. They add another interesting dimension to it without beijing too busy.
Cindi: Glad you had fun.
Vintageglammz: You are "IN", haha :-) I don't think I can do that. I can't stand hair or clothing around my neck for some reason. That is why I rarely let my hair down.
Cute skirt! Ohhh, I must try that hair-tucked-in-jacket look, very chic! But on me, people may think it's a hoot, lol.
ReplyDelete