Cat from Anthrosdottir pass this Sugar Doll Blogger Award along with a few other blogs. What a sweet suprise! Haven't got any award since high school. I think you are supposed to share 10 thing about yourself. Even though I hardly have any reader, I decide to follow the trend just for fun. So here you go.1) I am born in China, but the area I stayed longest is San Francisco Bay Area. I had attend 5 different elementary schools because my parents are constantly moving.
2) My first name in Chinese has 22 strokes, but in English, it is only 2 letters. In fact I have total 4 letters in my name. So when I spell out my name during a phone order, I often get the response "that is it?" or "How do you spell it"?
3) I love watching Japanese Animations. My favorite is Hunter vs Hunter. However, the series never ends because the author is notorious about finishing up his work.
4) I love all activities involve water but I cannot swim. I almost drawn in my honeymoon snorkeling.
5) I am an only child. I wish I have an older sister. I am born before the 1 child policy in China, so me being the only child is my parent's poor choice :-P That is why I have two kids. 1 boy and 1 girl. Their personalities are day and night.
6) My favorite sitcom at the moment is the "Big Bang theory". Sheldon Copper reminds me of my son, who is also touched by "autism". Although my son is not as smart and verbal as Sheldon, they have the same quirkiness sweetness and innocence that was only appreciated by friends.
7) I am a pretty good cook according to hubby's standard and a picky eater. I'd rather starve than swallow something I don't like. I think the two are related. I could not stand sameness either even something is really good.
8) On my flight to the States, the two drinks I know how to say are "Pepsi" and "tea", not even coke. I really want some orange juice, but I don't know how to say juice in English at the time.
9) I am a good writer, but very bad at grammar. I mess up tense and plural and use run on sentence. It comes from English being my second language. I had published a romance fiction in Taiwan (in Chinese of course), but I don't ever let my real life friends read it or even know about it because I was too embarrassed.
10) I'm allergic to raw stone fruits (peach, apricot, cherry, plum etc.) but love peaches. I have to take a risk every time when I eat the peaches. Once they reach certain ripeness, I am OK. But if they are still slightly crunchy, I will sneeze non-stop.



Where in China? I spent 6 months teaching English in Hangzhou. I loved it!
ReplyDeleteI liked reading this and getting to know you better!
travelinggirlwithdog.blogspot.com
Yes...where in China? I was born in Shenyang. :) My Chinese name is Xin and no one can pronounce it. Let me guess, does your name begin with a Q? :) Like Qi? Haha. I have a Vietnamese friend named My Vo...so there...another 4 lettered name person. Haha.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you wrote a Taiwanese romance novel. I bet my mom's read it. She loves those!
Wow, what a small world. I am born in Shenyang too and stayed there till second grade. Then I move to Shanghai and then Fuzhou, hence the 5 elementary school. Unlike Cindi, I am horrible in keeping up with friends :-(
ReplyDeleteLiz: Hangzhou is such a beautiful city. People are so friendly there too. The taxi driver told us about this tiny street behind our hotel, and the whole street is full of pop and mom seafood restaurants and 1 plate of fresh clams is only $2.... Are u planning on go to China again? My favorite traveling spot is Tibet. A must go place before you have kids.
Cindi: You guess my name half right, the i part. Keep going down the alphabet, mine is almost at the end. Haha. Xin and Cindy is such a clever transformation! Oh, you don't struck me as a native northerner though. Maybe because the more rounded nose?
WOW really? You're a fellow Dongbei Ren!!! :) I always get so giddy meeting fellow comrades! Haha. I finished 1st grade there and then moved to a small town in Washington. My dad was getting his Ph.D there in electrical engineering. He was actually a professor at a engineering college in Shenyang. Our whole family actually just went back last August...man..it's changed so much!
ReplyDeleteYeah most people meet me and automatically think I'm Korean. But my dad's side of the family is actually originally from Dandong...so maybe I have North Korean blood in me? :)
Oooh...how about Yi? Zi? Haha!
I really enjoyed reading about you. Wow, this is so interesting! I love learning about your Chinese heritage. I really related to #8 because my mom used to have similar experiences with her English. In fact, she chose my name because she could pronounce it in English. True. I like the Big Bang Theory too. In my last job, I worked with kids with autism. They do have such a sweetness! You are blessed to have a little boy and a girl. That's what I want :)
ReplyDeleteCindi: We have a such similar background. My Dad getting his Ph.D is the same reason our family move out here. He left when I finish my elementary school and I didn't see him again till senior year in high school because of the visa problem.
ReplyDeleteCat: I am experiencing that language gap right now with my daughter. I can only imagine how it is with you and your mom. My daughter asks me the other day does "E" and "1" in Chinese rhythm? I guess it does since they are the same pronunciation, just different tone. I just would never thought of rythming a chinese word with English.