Tuesday, July 27, 2010

End of 21 for 21

I'm so glad that the 21 for 21 challenge for me is finally over now.  Although I can still go on with the permutations of that 21 items, I am ready to wear something different.  At times I felt happy about how the 21 for 21 simplifies my life,  other times, I get so bored with it.  Especially at the end I didn't even felt like taking a picture any more.  So here is OOTD, still more or less of the same cardi and boots, but at least I get to wear some different color.


Dress: Anthro Burgeoning Latitudes Dress Cardi: LOFT wrap cardi Legging: DKNY legging, Shoes: Dansko military boots

I spent some time cleaning out the things that doesn't fit any more after redoing the closet.  I have always optimistically hoped that I will have a successful diet one day so I may fit back in to the old cloth.  Guess what,  it hasn't happen ever. Years after years, they sit in the closet takeing up valuable space and making finding the things I really need difficult.

There are several good deals going on right now. J CREW has an extra 30% off its final sale.  However I didn't see anything I am dying to get.  I am tempted to get one of those cashmere sweaters but on the other hand, I really don't need another sweater.  One thing I have learn from this 21 for 21 is to not buy just because it is on sale because there will always be another good deal down the block.  I'm also not very impressed with JCREW's new arrival for the fall either.  Maybe my taste has changed.

 My lust list mostly comes from the things I didn't get but had try on before.


Daily Gathering Dress  from Anthropologie:  I usually don't like summer dress that are black and I don't like jersey dress in general.  I used to have a jersey dress from Banan Republic and after a few wash, it retires to Pajamas because it lost its shape.  But I saw this one at Anthro for $29.99 and I had to try it on for such a bargin.  Turns out it is very flattering and the material is so silky smooth. I had splurge on a bailey 44 tank before and really love how flattering and comfortable they are.  Anyhow, after thinking I got a super deal, at the time of checkout, I was told that it is mis-tagged.  How disappointing is that? So I had to let go.  I have been missing it since.

Kenna-T Leather Military Jacket
The jacket although is leather, is actually very soft and thin.  My mom didn't even know it was leather when she see me try it on.  It has a more destructed look than the picture, so the black is not as black., but more of a faded black in real life.  The surface also have a crinkle feel to it.  I am always drawn to the biker looks.  I try it on and really love the feel of it and it fits perfectly in size S.  It is probably very versatile because it would work with skinny jeans and I happen to have the a skirt on when I try it and they went well together too.

Juicy Couture 'Feather Graphic' Scarf
This scarf come with 4 colors.  I like the gray and the blue.   I think the gray one will go well with the military jacket in early fall. The material has a jersey type of feel that a lot like the daily gathering dress.  They are rayon, which dislike by some as cheap material, but it doesn't bother me much.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...