I did dress up today. Reason being I had to go to DMV to renew my license. I even put some make up on just for the photo in the morning. When I ask hubby how I look, he said it doesn't matter, all DMV picture come out awful anyway. However I don't want to wear a dress or high heel because DMV wait could be unpleasant.
DMV is full of people as usual. I went up to the appointment window, and the lady said, what is your confirmation number? What? I don't have it, I ask her, you don't have a record of who you are expecting? She roll her eyes and said she didn't print out the list. Oh, well, sorry, I don't have the confirmation letter either. Nothing on the DMV site says so. So she gave me a priority number anyway. Maybe that is how you should try to fake your priority number next time.
The paperwork itself is fast, but the camera line is long. No more priority given to people having appointment any more. Finally it is my turn, the lady click, click, click on her computer and didn't get ready for the shot for a long time. My smile stiffen and my eyes get tired, so by the time she took the picture? I blinked. Let's do it again, she said, same thing happens. Finally she said, "I am not going to tell you when I am taking the picture any more, every time I say you ready, you blink". I laughed, out of uneasiness. Wonder how that came out, because she said:"OK, the real license will come in the mail in 2-4 weeks". Hubby is right, when it is DMV picture, just don't give any hope.
Got home, erased my make up. Glossy eye shadow might be OK for photo op, but not so appropriate when you are going to school arguing for your son's service next year. The meeting didn't drag as long as I expected, but still exhausting. Change to pajama right away and WFH the rest of the noon. Then I realize, I forgot to take a picture for today's outfit. hmm....
For the record I had Anthro circle of adornment tank, LOFT line pants and Jackie Cardi on For the day
No comments:
Post a Comment