To be honest, Seattle was not #1 on my list of travel spot. I do have to save a little after blowing up big money on the Maui trip this April. My original thinking was taking the kids Hotel hopping in Las Vegas. One of my friend brought up the concern of smoking so I changed my mind and another friend suggested Seattle. My first reaction was "What is in in Seattle"? In my mind, it is just like San Francisco. After looking at the incredible pictures of Mt Rainier and San Juan Island, Seattle all the sudden became very attractive. The time I book is too short, or I would love to go to Mt Olympia too.
Airfare is comparable to going to Vegas, and 4 star hotel downtown runs $164 for one of the day and then weekend is only $99, couldn't believe it. However I couldn't find any place to stay on San Juan Island. It seems to be a place full of bed and breakfast. Having two kids and one of them having a very restricted diet, bed and breakfast just doesn't seem to be a good idea. In fact most of these bed and breakfast place doesn't even welcome kids under 12. I end up calling all night and didn't find anything too ideal.
So I guess we will just have to stay in Seattle and make day trip then. Ferry would be fun for the kids. Who wouldn't like to ride on a big boat!
The good news, it looks like the hotel we book is 2 or 3 minute walk to Anthropologie at downtown Seattle. I will be sure to stop by the store there and check it out. These days I am less and less likely to explore new stores. Mabye because I am always so constraint with time, so I want to be fruitful when I do go shopping.
So after all the travel planning, I realize, hey, there is a Anthro sale today. I didn't even thought of checking it out. Oh, wait, but I am on a shopping ban. Never mind.
OOOH...you're coming to Seattle??? Let me know if you want any restaurant recommendations because there are some good ones here. Hehe I think I know which hotel you're staying...but I won't say. Seattle is like SF in the sense that it's by the water..but honestly, I think in the summer, the weather here is nicer than SF. SF is ALWAYS cold...until probably september...where it gets warm for a day! And in terms of nature, there's a lot more to do here with the mountains and water. Your kids will love it!
ReplyDeleteI love love love Seattle. You'll have so much fun and your little ones will have a blast. Take lots of pictures!!
ReplyDeleteCindi: definitely bring on the restaurant recommendations! You cannot claim you have been to the city unless you try their food :-) I especially like the not so fancy looking, but very good place that only locals know about.
ReplyDeleteCat: What is your favorite spot in Seattle?
Haha...I dated a guy that lived in SF before and used to visit all the time. I do agree that the food there is fantastic. Seattle however is famous for their seafood. I just love that since I'm a huge fish fan. :) I will email you some recommendations. :)
ReplyDelete